Pages

My Closet Essentials

Published on Tuesday, February 3, 2015


Ever since the new year started, I've been going on a purge with my closet. After cleaning it out, I realized that I'm much more of a clothes hoarder than I thought. Not kidding you, my closet had clothes from middle school that had been hanging lifelessly in the back of my closet collecting dusts. Nonetheless, it was about time do a major closet clean-up and I was able to narrow down my top 5 closet essentials!

1. Denim (skinny & flare): I'm forever a jeans girl and I love a good pair(s) of denim. They're so classic and timeless, you'll always going to be in style. Personally, I like to dress my denim down with a pair of flats or sneakers. If I'm feeling a bit fancier, I'll definitely throw in a classic pump to sass up the look. My favorite jean brands would have to be Lucky Brand and Levis. Cheaper alternatives would be H&M or Pacsun.

2. White Dress Shirt: I underestimated the power of a simple white collared dress shirt. I never liked them before for some reason, but now I love how versatile and figure-flattering they can be. H&M and Express offers wide selections of dress shirts with reasonable prices. Score!

3. Stripe Tee: If I could wear a pattern for the rest of my life, it'll definitely be stripes. I love the nautical and casual feel to any type of stripe clothing and it's overall just very classic. Places like H&M, Forever 21, and Urban Outfitters are good places to scout for a great collection of stripe tees.

4. Brown Suede Boots: If I had a choice of dressing up or being casual, I'd probably choose B. As much as I love my jeans, I also love my flat boots. This specific one is from Franco Sarto and I kid you not, it was the best investment of my life and quite frankly, I don't see myself living without it. I wear it with everything, I mean everything. They're definitely a median between casual and chic. 

5. Wool Hat: I don't accessorize much, but when I do, I'll make sure to wear a hat. They're versatile, they hide my 3 day old greasy hair, and they're quite stylish. Need I say more? 


6 Comments so far

  1. i can relate to hoarding as well. I got stuff from 9th grade but can't part ways.
    xx lovejoystyles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I feel like I might need them someday...I don't when, but definitely someday :p Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I'm not proud to admit it but I'm definitely a clothes hoarder as well! It's gotten to the point where I'm kinda scared to take on the mess... I love this roundup by the way, striped tees are one of my all-time essentials as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry I feel the same way, but once I managed to get rid of all the things I no longer need anymore, it feels great!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with these essentials!! You can never go wrong with a striped tee and some great denim. I'm definitely a clothing hoarder as well! I still have a pair of purple Uggs from middle school haha. #noshame

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say you would still rock those pink Uggs now haha :p

      Delete